including eczema, acne, acne rosacea, psoriasis.
Our skin is our largest organ. It has so many jobs that it’s no wonder skin problems are very common. Our skin eliminates toxins, regulates our temperature, and acts as our first line of defence in our immune response.
Our skin is a reflection of our inner wellbeing, and is often the body’s way of alerting us that that we could improve our inner health.
Skin issues are rarely the result of one single cause. There are usually many possible causes, and finding the causes of is a bit like solving a difficult puzzle.
- If our digestion and liver function are not working at its best, the skin will suffer as it tries to take up the extra load of detoxification.
- If we are stressed, we are more prone to inflammation, and this may be reflected in inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis.
- If our hormones are out of balance, or the liver is not able to metabolise our hormones efficiently, this will be reflected in our skin, often on a cyclic basis.
- Heavy metal toxicity can also contribute to a range of skin conditions – the body’s not-so-subtle way of telling us that all is not well inside.
The good news is that the body literally sheds millions of skin cells every day, completely replacing itself roughly every month. So as your inner health improves, the new healthy skin cells come through to the surface. This is why it is so important to TREAT THE INSIDE, NOT JUST THE OUTSIDE when it comes to skin health.
Acne and Acne Rosacea
Internal inflammation, stress, hormonal or pH imbalances are all possible contributors to acne. Often treating just the outside, the skin, is not enough; we need to understand and treat the inner causes.
Frances uses a holistic approach to improve skin health by addressing the inner causes, with skin-friendly foods, nutrients, herbal medicine, and gentle topical skin care recommendations.
Eczema and Dermatitis
Eczema and dermatitis are often your body’s outer sign of internal inflammation. This may be due to sensitivities to foods or additives, airborne sensitivities, chronic low grade infection, stress, pH imbalance, or intestinal permeability.
Frances prescribes a combination of probiotics, good fats, skin friendly nutrients, herbal medicine, skin friendly foods, and Practitioner-only skin care specific to your needs.
Psoriasis is a chronic Autoimmune condition , characterised by inflammation, thickening, flaking scaly skin. Normally our skin cells normally mature in approximately a month, but with psoriasis they mature much faster, in just 3 – 4 days. Old skin is shed rapidly to replace the new, but inflamed, skin cells.
There are many possible causes of psoriasis, including:
- Digestive issues such as Intestinal Permeability and malabsorption
- Coeliac disease or gluten intolerance
- Sluggish liver
- Gut inflammation
- Reaction to certain medications
- Parasitic infection
Frances uses a holistic approach to determine the causes of your psoriasis, and prescribes combination of probiotics, good fats, skin friendly nutrients, herbal medicine, and anti-inflammatory foods specific to your needs.
Your Path to Better Skin
Frances uses a three step approach to determine the cause of your skin condition and devise a treatment plan for you:
- An initial fact finding consultation and assessment of your symptoms, current diet, lifestyle, personal and family medical history.
- An assessment and testing session: This includes Zinc status testing, pH testing, and may include Functional Pathology tests such as:
- Hair Mineral Analysis, Toxic Metals
- Food Intolerances and Sensitivities
- Gluten Sensitivity
- Coeliac Profile
- Food Allergies
- Hormonal Profiles and Estrogen Metabolites
- Thyroid Function
- Intestinal Permeability
- Digestive Stool Analysis
- Parasite testing
- Insulin Resistance
- Adrenal and Thyroid hormone assessment
- Cardiovascular Profile
- A discussion with you about your tailored treatment program, specifically based on your test results and tailored for what is “do-able” for you.
Frances recommends regular follow-up consultations to continually monitor your improvement and adjust your treatment accordingly.
Topical Skin Care Preparations
Frances recommends a combination of Practitioner-only topical treatments and Arbonne skin care. For more information on this skin care range visit www.francesgerraty.arbonne.com