Natural Fertility and Pre-Conception Health Care
The miracle of pregnancy and birth is something we can no longer take for granted. One in 6 couples experience difficulty conceiving, sometimes due to known causes, but often it is described as “unexplained infertility”.
Fortunately naturopathy can assist by looking “outside the square” and treating both partners holistically. This means that we consider all possible hindrances to fertility. For example, did you know that digestive problems and food intolerances may reduce your fertility?
Frances will investigate how best to address your fertility issues. There is no “one treatment fits all”. Every couple has their own unique puzzle and unique treatment.
Frances will also educate you on specific timing for conception to maximise your chances of a healthy conception.
Your Step by Step Process to help Solve your Fertility Puzzle
Your consultations will include:
- An initial fact finding consultation and assessment of your personal health and fertility history family history, current diet, lifestyle, and specific reproductive issues.
- An assessment and testing session: In order to determine the possible causes of your fertility concerns, Frances may assess a combination of:
- Your nutritional status
- Your Body Composition
- Your hormonal balance
- Your thyroid function
- Your pH
- Your cortisol and stress levels
- Your blood sugar levels and biochemistry
- Food intolerances and digestive health
- A tailored treatment plan for you and your partner, specifically based on your assessment results, and what is “do-able” for you. This will include education on conception timing.
Commonly treated conditions which may hinder conception
- Weight Management
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking and alcohol
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Food intolerances and poor digestive health
- Diabetes and blood sugar regulation
- Lowered immunity
- Stress, Fatigue, Adrenal Exhaustion
- Inflammatory conditions
Specific conditions impacting on fertility commonly treated
- Menstrual changes and irregularities
- PMS and Period Pain
- Recurrent miscarriage
- PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids, hormonal imbalances, fallopian tube problems
- Low sperm count or quality e.g. motility or morphology issues
- Autoimmune conditions such as Hashimoto’s, Graves’ disease, Coeliac disease
Pre-conception health care program
Pre-conception health care aims to ensure that your and your partner’s health and nutritional status are at the best they can be prior to conceiving. Optimal nutrition can help to improve sperm and egg quality and reduce risk of foetal exposure to toxins.
Pre-conception health care is important regardless of whether there are fertility issues or not. Research is emerging regarding how pre-conception nutrition has a long term impact on your future child’s health, and even their health in adulthood.
Frances recommends starting your Pre-Conception Health Care Program at least three months prior to desired conception or IVF treatment. Three months prior to conception is a critical time for improving the health of egg and sperm. Naturopathy combines diet and nutritional science to give your body the best chance of a healthy conception, pregnancy, and healthy baby.
How can naturopathy help with fertility and ivf?
Pre Conception Health Care is particularly important when undergoing assisted reproduction techniques (ART) such as IVF, IUI and assisted ovulation. While ART can help by bypassing many of the steps in conception, the process still relies on a nourished, healthy egg and a healthy sperm.
Naturopathy can help to improve egg and sperm quality, help to manage the impact of stress associated with ART and conception, and address other health factors such as inflammation which may be hindering the ART process
About 20 percent of fertility issues are due solely to male fertility factors, and male factors contribute to another 30 to 40 percent of fertility issues. Many of the general health issues mentioned above also contribute to reduced male fertility. Frances will assess the factors that may be contributing to lowered fertility, and design a treatment plan aimed at improving sperm quality and count, and overall male reproductive health.
GIVE YOURSELF THE BEST CHANCE OF A HEALTHY CONCEPTION AND PREGNANCY.
SOME SIMPLE DIETARY CHANGES, AND HERBAL AND NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE!